Exclusive men's timepiece officially endorsed by the Douglas Bader Foundation. Spitfire design accented in rose gold-plating, genuine leather strap.
Face measures 1.62 inches (4cm) in diameter; strap 7 inches (18cm) L
- $225.00 AUD
- $19.99 AUD
In 1938, that most iconic of WWII fighter aircraft, the Supermarine Spitfire entered into the service of the RAF. It was to become a gleaming symbol of the hopes of the combined Allied nations. The battle-ready fighter plane proved itself to be the pride of Fighter Command, participating in conflicts throughout the world during its many years of service. In 1940 the Spitfire, as part of the RAF first line of defence, soared into military history as the Battle of Britain raged in the skies above. Group Captain Douglas Bader, the fearless fighter ace, together with the 242 Squadron thundered through the battle-strewn skies, determinedly defending Britain against the threat of oppression. These spectacular fighter planes and pilots are forevermore hailed as heroes of the skies.
Now you can celebrate a landmark anniversary of the iconic Supermarine Spitfire with the perfect tribute – the '75th Anniversary Spitfire Mechanical Watch'. Inspired by the authentic watches worn by the pilots now known as The Few, this signature edition is unique to The Bradford Exchange.
This market-first mechanical men’s watch is meticulously crafted by hand for exceptional, enduring quality. This incredible edition features an oversized crown and numerals, sleek hands inspired by WWII pilots watches and genuine brown leather strap with tan stitching. For unique appeal, the working mechanism of the timepiece is exposed, whilst the face is also adorned with an intricately detailed Supermarine Spitfire design and rich accents of rose gold-plating. For the perfect finishing touch, the '75th Anniversary Spitfire Mechanical Watch' is expertly etched on the casing reverse with a stirring tribute to this iconic WWII aircraft in addition to Group Captain Douglas Baders’ engraved signature. Don’t miss out. Order now!
- An exclusive men's timepiece commissioned to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Spitfire entering into RAF service in 1983, available exclusively from The Bradford Exchange
- Limited to just 4,999 editions – first orders receive lower edition numbers
- Inspired by the watches worn by the WWII pilots now known as The Few
- Face adorned with detailed Supermarine Spitfire design accented in rose gold-plating over exposed working mechanism of the timepiece
- Oversized crown and numerals inspired by WWII pilot’s watches
- Genuine brown leather strap with tan stitching and rose gold-plated casing
- Expertly etched on the casing reverse with a stirring tribute to the anniversary of this iconic WWII aircraft in addition to the fearless fighter ace Group Captain Douglas Baders’ engraved signature and your exclusive edition number
- Watch face measures 1.62 inches (4 cm) in diameter (inc. casing); strap measures 7 inches (18 cm) in length x 0.75 inches (2 cm) in width
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
- Buy This Item Now:
- Douglas Bader Signature Edition Spitfire Mechanical Watch