Birth of a Legend Coin
G for George Coin Collection Issue One
Imagery of the W4783 George Lancaster sits on a background of 24-carat gold, generously applied by the Master Minters of the Commonwealth Mint.
Find out how you can SAVE $50 on this coin as part of the G for George Coin Collection. Click Here to find out more about this special introductory offer.
In 1942, the Royal Australian Air Force took to the skies over Europe on a desperate mission to stop the relentless onslaught of the Nazi war machine. Their secret weapon was a newly commissioned Avro Lancaster bomber nicknamed “G for George.” Now, the complete story of G for George and the gallant crews of RAF 460 Squadron is recalled chapter by incredible chapter in a precision-cast 24K gold-accented coin presented exclusively by The Bradford Exchange!
In “Birth of a Legend,” the exciting premiere coin, prepare for takeoff at RAF Binbrook, Lincolnshire, the home of George and the 460 Squadron. Meticulously detailed art by award-winning aviation artist Tim Jenkins puts you in the co-pilot’s seat to see the Anzac spirit protect Europe in the darkest days of WWII. The coin is a miniature masterpiece of the minter’s art. Tim Jenkins’ richly detailed imagery of the W4783 George Lancaster breaks out of its earthly bounds and literally shines in the glittering dimensional depth of its pure 24-carat gold metallic canvas. But this is just the action-packed start. From George’s record-breaking sorties against the might of the Luftwaffe, to his triumphant ‘homecoming’ to the acclaim of a proud nation, you will thrill to each pivotal chapter in the legend of this great Anzac hero!
This exclusive Birth of a Legend Coin from The Bradford Exchange features:
- An exclusive gallery of art-accented coins which pays tribute to G for George and the gallant crews of RAF 460 Squadron, available exclusively from The Bradford Exchange
- Meticulously detailed art by award-winning aviation artist Tim Jenkins puts you in the co-pilot’s seat to see the Anzac spirit protect Europe in the darkest days of WWII
- 24K gold plating! Tim Jenkins’ richly detailed imagery of the W4783 George Lancaster takes on a new dimension as the background is recreated in generously applied 24-carat gold by the Master Minters of the Commonwealth Mint
- Coin arrives with a FREE booklet recalling the historical events depicted in the art and a FREE protective, clear view capsule to preserve each issue for future generations to admire
- The Birth of a Legend Coin makes the perfect addition to your own collection or an ideal gift for an aviation enthusiast
- Certificates of Authenticity
- Each coin measures 39mm in diameter
- Premier issue in the G for George Coin Collection