Outback Adventure Flying Scotsman Official Golden Commemorative
Icon of Steam Commemorative Collection Issue One
Officially licensed Flying Scotsman golden commemorative tribute to the engine's return to the rails. Limited to 4,999 worldwide.
Find out how you can SAVE $50 on this coin as part of the Icon of Steam Commemorative Collection. Click Here to find out more about this special introductory offer.
Those who were lucky enough to experience it will never forget the thrill of seeing the incredible Flying Scotsman thunder past on its non-stop journey from London to Edinburgh – the first locomotive ever to do so. Its reputation as a world-class engine was sealed on 30th November 1934 when it officially became the first steam engine ever to travel at 100mph. In 1988, train enthusiasts around Australia experience the same excitement. Brought to Australia as part of the 1988 Bicentenary celebrations, the locomotive spent months touring the nation and captured the hearts of Australians through 28,000 miles of heart-pounding exhilaration. The Bradford Exchange is proud to present, "Flying Scotsman Outback Adventure Official Golden Commemorative", struck especially to celebrate this historic 1988 visit, comprising of pure 24-carat gold.
This first-of-its-kind tribute features authentic metal from the locomotive itself, with a depiction of Flying Scotsman thundering through the Outback brought to life in glorious full colour. Limited to 4,999 editions worldwide, an informative Certificate of Authenticity is included FREE of charge with each edition, which details the unique specification of your commemorative. This offer is likely to attract considerable interest, and not just from collectors. Order now!
The exclusive Outback Adventure Flying Scotsman Official Golden Commemorative from The Bradford Exchange features:
- The Outback Adventure Flying Scotsman Official Golden Commemorative is exclusive to The Bradford Exchange
- LIMITED EDITION – Issue is limited to 4,999 editions worldwide – a very low mintage for such a significant event. Each commemorative has its own individual number showing that it is part of this limited issue
- HIGH SPECIFICATION – Intended as a collector item, each commemorative is fully layered with pure 24-carat gold with authentic Flying Scotsman metal at its centre
- INCREDIBLE DETAIL –The first edition features vibrant imagery of the Flying Scotsman appears on the commemorative reverse. The obverse features a piece of authentic Flying Scotsman metal
- FREE – An informative Certificate of Authenticity is included FREE of charge, as well as a FREE deluxe presentation case
- MEASUREMENTS – Each edition measures 38.6 mm in diameter
- Premier Issue in the Icon of Steam Commemorative Collection