HMAS Sydney Lost At Sea Coin
Lost At Sea 1939-1945 Collection Issue One
Limited-edition crowns commemorate the sinking of the HMAS Sydney 75th Anniversary. Fully layered in pure 24K gold.
Find out how you can SAVE $50 on this coin as part of the Lost At Sea 1939-1945 Collection. Click Here to find out more about this special introductory offer.
19th November, 1941 - Patrolling the waters off Western Australia, the Light Cruiser HMAS Sydney engaged the German Auxiliary Cruiser Kormoran. Disguised as a merchantman, the Kormoran's act of deception resulted in the loss of the HMAS Sydney and all 645 lives aboard. Writ large in the Anzac legend, the loss of the Sydney brought the treachery of war perilously close to the homefront. 75 years after the sinking of the HMAS Sydney, the heroism of those sailors is commemorated in a tribute destined to become a treasured family heirloom.
Struck to a high specification, only 9,999 crowns are available. Applications are now open for Issue one: "The Sinking of the HMAS Sydney" Gold Crown, fully layered with pure 24K gold. Approved by Buckingham Palace, this exclusive crown depicts the dramatic sinking in finely sculpted raised-relief. Each coin is issued with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity detailing the events leading to the loss of the HMAS Sydney and it importance to the Anzac legend.
Add this item to your cart and check out now. Your credit card will not be charged until your item is shipped.
This exclusive HMAS Sydney Lost At Sea Coin The Bradford Exchange features:
- 75 years after the sinking of the HMAS Sydney, the heroism of those sailors is commemorated with the HMAS Sydney Lost At Sea Coin, a tribute destined to become a treasured family heirloom
- EVENT - 75th Anniversary of the sinking of the HMAS Sydney
- LIMITED RELEASE - The edition limit of this coin is 9,999. Fewer than 1 in every 818 Australian households will be able to own the coin.
- AUTHENTICATION - Each coin is issued with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity detailing important provenance information. It also documents the events of leading to the loss of the HMAS Sydney and its importance to the Anzac legend.
- FREE - Certificate of Authenticity
- HIGH SPECIFICATION - Intended as a collectors' item, this crown is fully layered with pure 24K gold and is minted to Proof Quality, the highest quality in coinage.
- MEASUREMENTS - Measures 38.6mm in Diameter
- ENDORSED BY THE DEFENCE FORCE WELFARE ASSOCIATION - The Bradford Exchange proudly supports the Defence Force Welfare Associate whose aim is to promote and protect the conditions and well-being of the Defence Family that embraces over three million people
- Premier Issue in Lost At Sea Gold Crown Collection